Day of Surgery Instructions
On the day of surgery, please arrive at the Surgery Center at your scheduled time. You will receive individualized instructions listing the specific date and time from our Surgical Coordinator.
Surgery times are approximate and may vary. Sometimes there are delays in the OR. This can cause surgery times to shift and you may have a longer wait time. We will do everything to prevent this.
Please bring the following with you:
- Picture Identification and Insurance Card for registration purposes
- Court Documents, Advance Directives or any other legal papers pertaining to guardianship status
- An overnight bag with toiletries, bathrobe/slippers etc.
- CPAP/BiPAP machine with mask and tubing
- Hearing aid and case, glasses / contacts and case, dentures and case
- If you are an outpatient and is expected to go home shortly after the procedure, please ensure that you bring a responsible adult with you to accompany you home
Avoid the following:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure. This includes ice chips, water, mints, coffee, candy and gums.
- Do not take Aspirin or aspirin-containing medication for 10 days prior to your surgery, unless specifically directed otherwise by your surgeon. This includes Motrin, Advil, Aleve NSAIDS etc. You may use Tylenol products if needed.
- Do not smoke for 24 hours before or after your surgery.